Cochin – Munnar – Periyar – Kumarakom – Alleppey – Cochin
DAY 01 – ARRIVE COCHIN:
On arrival our representative shall meet you at the airport to welcome you and transfer you to hotel. Overnight hotel.
DAY 02 – COCHIN:
Enjoy sightseeing tour to the nearby peninsula, discover the remains of Fort Cochin and St Francis church, the oldest church in India. Built in 1503 by Portuguese Franciscan monks and worshipped by Roman Catholics, Dutch Protestants and the Anglicans is a wonderful site to visit. On your way back stop at the spice shops selling cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and a host of other spices. Evening witness Kathakali dance show – a famous classical dance drama of Kerala, in an auditorium. Overnight at Cochin. (B)
DAY 03 – COCHIN – MUNNAR (04 HRS MIN. DRIVE):
Next morning after a sumptuous breakfast, leave to reach Munnar. Enjoy the journey to Munnar which is surrounded by a large number of Cardamom hills and green carpets of tea plantations. Upon reaching Munnar, check into hotel. Spend rest of the evening at leisure. Overnight at hotel. (B)
DAY 04 – MUNNAR:
Post breakfast embark on an excursion to the exotic Eravikulam National Park. Enjoy the visit to the amazing national park to enjoy the glimpse of rare mountain goats locally famed as the Nilgiri Tahr, leopard, Indian bison, Tiger, leopard etc. It is an ideal place for seeing the biodiversity of high elevation shoal-grassland ecosystem. Spread over the vast area of 97 sq.km in the Kannan Devan hills this national park stands out of the scenic beauty of its rolling grasslands. The other tourist hotspots to visit include Dairy farm, Mattupetty Dam and the Old Munnar Town. The rest of the day is free for leisure activities. Overnight stay at the hotel. (B)
DAY 05 MUNNAR – PERIYAR (05 hrs drive)
After breakfast travel to Periyar, on arrival check in at the resort. Periyar conjures up images of elephants, unending chains of hills, lush green trees, chirping birds, stunningly beautiful landscape and unending spice-scented plantations. The Periyar forest of Thekkady is one of the finest wildlife reserves in India and spread across the entire district are picturesque plantations and hill towns that hold great opportunities for treks and mountain walks. Afternoon take a spice plantation tour to see crops of cardamom, cinnamon, pepper, coffee and tea estates. On your way back you could stop at the local market and pick up some fragrant spices. Overnight at Periyar. (B)
Day 06: PERIYAR – KUMARAKOM (04 hrs drive)
Morning explore the Periyar wildlife sanctuary on the boat, the sanctuary centerpiece being the splendid artificial lake formed by the Mullaperiyar Dam, meanders around the contours of the wooden hills, providing a perennial source of water for the wildlife and is home to Tiger, bison, wild boar, sambar, monkeys, wild elephants, antelopes and a wide variety of birds. There are over 260 species of birds here; including Nilgiri Wood Pigeons, blue-winged Parakeets, White bellied Tree Pies, laughing Thrushes and Fly Catchers. After visit check out and drive towards Kumarakom. Evening is at leisure with overnight stay at hotel. (B)
Day 07 KUMARAKOM – COCHIN AND DEPARTURE (B, L)
Morning after breakfast check out and transfer to Cochin air port catch your flight to your onward destination.
Optional activity: Day cruise with Lunch on Alleppey backwaters
Hotels or Similar
|CITY||3* STAR||4* STAR||5* STAR||NIGHTS|
|Cochin||Hotel Sea Lord||Hotel Dream||Holiday Inn Cochin||02|
|Munnar||Las Palm||Copper Castle||C.M Lake View||02|
|Periyar||Silver Crest||Tree Top||Elephant Court||01|
|Kumarakom||Green Field||Whispering Palms||The Zuri resort||01|
Price includes the following services:-
- Accommodation in hotels mentioned above or similar on Bed and Breakfast basis.
- Airport transfers with staff assistance.
- Garlanding on arrival at Cochin airport
- Air-conditioned transport.
- Services of Local English Speaking Guide for sightseeing in Cochin.
- Kathakali dance performance in Cochin.
- Spice Plantation visit in Periyar.
- Boat cruise in Periyar Sanctuary with entrance fee.
- All currently applicable taxes
Price does not include the following services:-
- Travel Insurance
- Entrance fee applicable anywhere during the trip.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, laundry bills etc.
- Tips and porter charges
- Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight delay or cancellation, weather conditions, political closures, technical faults etc.
- Any other service/s not specified above
- All taxes, entrance fees, airfare, Hotel and Transport rates etc are as on date. Any future hike will be charged extra.
- The above-mentioned cost is valid from April 2016 to September 2016.
- The above is only an offer and we are not holding any booking at this stage, booking would be subject to availability once confirmed by you along with guest details & guarantee to book.